More and more businesses are taking the extra step of purchasing their own office building. However, many of these old office buildings need a serious facelift before you can actually move in. Moreover, when you do move in, you want to make sure that you take extra steps to maintain the structure, so that it doesn’t end up looking the way it did when you purchased it. When it comes down to it, maintaining your office’s property is also important for the sake of protecting your investment. In addition, you also want your office space to be more energy efficient and to provide a comfortable work environment for your employees. Here are five office building and restoration tips.
- Repair the roof. When it comes down to it, your office building’s roof is quite possibly the most important element of the entire structure. Damage to the roof could compromise the entire building and it could start causing damage to the rest of the structure. For instance, leaks and other issues will cause water damage, mold and an unpleasant work environment. This is the reason why you want to call on the services of a commercial building restoration company, like the Adriatric Restoration Corporation, to restore and repair your roof.
- Waterproof your garage and decks. In any area where there is a decent amount of moisture or humidity, you want to make sure that the surfaces are thoroughly waterproofed. When it comes down to it, cement – over time – can become damaged from being exposed to too much moisture. So, as part of your regular maintenance, you want to make sure that these surfaces are impervious to moisture’s damaging effects.
- Always have your balconies inspected. Your office building’s balconies are an extension of the structure itself. Balconies are usually hoisted on to the structure using sturdy, industrial bolts and brackets. However, if you have an old building, the cement and brick around the brackets can start to crumble, which can pose a serious risk. So, you want to make sure that you always pay attention to these areas. When it comes down to it, you probably want to hire a team to analyze your balconies to make sure they are safe to stand on.
- One of the most important elements to fix and restore during a commercial building renovation is the exterior brickwork. Eventually, brick will loosen from its mortar, especially if the building is over fifty years old. Not only can old and crumbling brickwork look aesthetically unpleasing, but it can also become a serious hazard to the people below. So, make sure to always repair your brickwork.
- HVAC repair and maintenance. On top of everything else, your office building’s HVAC system – the heating and cooling system – is incredibly important to maintain and repair. Not only do you want to be able to thoroughly regulate the temperatures inside your office building, but you also want to be able to ventilate your building too. Clean air is a vital part of a healthy work environment.